CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Hubby Tag

Okay Niki, I will play along. Niki started Hubby Tag on her blog, it's a new one I haven't seen before, so I'm game. Of course, I don't know if I want you all to know this much about us. :)

1. What is your husband's full name?
Martin Lynn Hudson

2. How long have you been together?
It has been ten years almost exactly since we started dating, wow, I can't believe how fast it has gone!

3. How long did you date?
Only about 4.5 months until we got engaged, about 8 months until we got married if you count the "engaged" time as dating.

4. Who eats more?
Marty definitely eats more. He picks and snacks and it drives me crazy when he eats something while I am making dinner! So, he definitely wins on this one.

5. Who said "I Love You" first?
I have to honestly say that I don't know. He is asleep, so I can't get his opinion on this. If I had to guess, I would say it was him. I am not one to generally vocalize my feelings often, so I am going to let the scale tip towards his side on this one.

6. Who is taller?
He is, so if the boys are short it will be my fault. :)

7. Who sings better?
I do and I am sure he would admit to it. He doesn't really sing that often. The boys and I like to rock out and sing as loud as we can in the car. I think we drive him crazy in the car!

8. Who is smarter?
Book smarts, I think I would win that one. Regular, every day stuff, I think he is winning. I am with Niki, it seems like the brain cell loss from pregnancy has a lasting impact!

9. Who does the laundry?
I do. Marty will throw a load in every once in a while, usually to my dismay. He mixes clothes with towels or doesn't put the fabric softener in or overloads it. I know he is just trying to help, but I try to get him to leave the laundry to me even though it isn't my favorite thing in the world.

10. Who does the dishes?
Marty does. Dishes and taking out the trash are the two household chores he primarily takes care of. Which is nice, I hate cleaning up after standing in the kitchen cooking - my feet can only take so much.

11. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed?
The right when you are looking at the bed would be Marty. I make him sleep closest to the door, that way he can fend off any intruders. :)

12. Who pays the bills?
I do. I have a system with my spreadsheets, so it would throw me off if we shared the task. So, I get that stress and just let him earn the money while I spend it. ;)

13. Who mows the lawn?
Marty does. I have a couple of times, I like mowing. Despite his grass allergies, Marty seems to enjoy the mowing also. When we decided to buy a house, I promised to mow because of his bad allergies. Of course, I broke my leg when we first moved and then I was pregnant the next summer. So, I hear about that broken promise every once in a while.

14. Who cooks dinner?
I generally do. Marty has whipped up some odd meals in the past, so I get leary. He does make meals when I am sick and he does the grilling over the summer. I love to grill, but this seems to be on his "man" list, so I don't get to do the grilling very often.

15. Who drives when you are together?
I actually think I drive more than he does. When we first got the new car, we fought over who was going to drive, it's the Zoom-Zoom, it gets to you. When we are on long trips he drives more because he gets car sick and can't play games, read or watch movies like I can, so he would rather drive than just sit there.

16. Who is more stubborn?
Depends on what it is, but probably me more than him.

17. Who kissed who first?
Marty kissed me first. Quite unexpectedly while we were waiting for an elevator at the Circle Centre Mall parking garage. It caught me by surprise.

18. Who asked who out first?
I asked him out to my company picnic at the zoo. I waited on him for 3 years and I got tired of waiting for him to ask me. (He gets tired of hearing that!)

19. Who proposed?
Marty did. At the zoo (first date location) during the Christmas light festival. We were at the Indy Zoo with my nieces and little sister a couple of weeks ago. I told them when we passed the spot where Marty proposed and they all thought that was so cool. It was fun.

20. Who is more sensitive?
Me. I think it is definitely a female thing, we just can't help it. Now, if you did our whole family, Kol beats everyone on the sensitivity meter by a long shot!

21. Who has more friends?
I would say we are kind of equal on this. I do a better job of keeping in touch with "our friends." We have a handful of very close friends that we both cherish. It is priceless and I think rare when you find other couples that you both can get along with so well.

22. Who has more siblings?
I do. Marty has 1 sister. I have 3 sisters and a brother.

23. Who wears the pants in the family?
Now ladies, we all know that we let our husbands think they are in charge while we run the show. Does this question really need to be asked or answered? ;)

So, I guess I am supposed to tag a couple of other wives at the end of this. So I am going to tag Amy, maybe it will get her to finally update her blog, Tricia, and Crystal, maybe she give us some info about my brother that we don't know. And, Abby, I will tag you again, might as well. I did it, you have to, too. ;)

2 comments:

Wilde Lady said...

Thanks for completing the tag. I learned things about Marty that I didn't know before. We love you guys and are so grateful that you mauled us that Sunday after sacrament!! Good Times!

Tricia said...

I'll get around to doing it soon. With all of the happenings in my life recently, our blog has been seriously neglected!