CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Castle Rock...the whirlwind tour

I think most of you know by now that we are moving. Marty accepted a job offer in Castle Rock, Colorado. It is almost right in the middle of Denver and Colorado Springs. I was hoping for warmer weather, but we prayed a lot and this is definitely the best move for our family. I think I will be more excited when we are actually moving. Right now, the stress of prepping the house for the market is all I can handle.

My parents got me a ticket do I could fly out with Marty for his interview, thanks again!! It was the craziest 2 days we have had in a while, but we were able to see a lot of the town.

We made a very quick stop at the temple, it is only about 15 minutes from Castle Rock, that is luxury we have never had, it will be nice!

This was out first glimpse as we drove in on the interstate. The rock is obviously a main focal point. In the foreground is the outlet mall, that is a key to the city's economy and won't hurt my feeling to have that close by, too.


The main street area, there were a lot of cute shops and buildings.

The new library, they also have a new fire station and city building downtown.

It snowed the second day we were there. It was actually cloudy both days, so we didn't even see the mountains. I guess we will have plenty of time to admire them.

3 comments:

Allie Girl said...

Wow! Big news! So I did a search and figured that right now you are 1930 miles away and after you move you will only be 971 miles away! Woohoo! lol No seriously, we are excited for your family to have a new adventure. Just remember to breathe in and breathe out through the following weeks!
love, allie

The Horal Clan said...

Hi Kelly, I can't believe you guys are moving to Castle Rock! That is where Adam and I are from. Where we met, at Douglas County High School, it's right under that rock!! You'll have to keep us posted and we'll have to see you guys when we make it back home for visits! My parents live right outside Castle Rock, called Sedalia right there in those foothills at the base of the mountains. It's beautiful. We are super jealous...still stuck in Florida! Email us with your info so we can look you up when we are out that way. adamncurls@gmail.com
Best of luck with your move, it's not fun but I think you'll really like it there.
Caralee

Tricia said...

Lest you think you are rid of us, when I told Jeremy about your move he said, "That will be fun to visit them there". So there you are. You just can't get away from us. We visited you in FL. We've visited you in OH. Looks now we'll be visiting you in CO!