CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 14, 2008

IKEA Grand Opening

Being the nutty people that we are, my sister and I decided we were going to camp out all night at IKEA the night before the Grand Opening to try to get a free POANG chair (they are super comfy if you have never had the pleasure of sitting in one). You had to be one of the first 100 people in line, we ended up being 107 and 108, so sad! :( It was freezing, I think the low was 28 or 29 that night. I think we each had 4 or 5 layers on trying to keep warm. We did have great viewing for the opening festivities, one of the photos is of the IKEA North America president, she had a great Swedish accent, of course. They did hand out lots of fun little things and donuts and, most desirable, hot chocolate. We spent the rest of that day tired and never could get all the way warmed up! But, we had a great time!







3 comments:

Leslie said...

SHUT UP.

I'm totally jealous, I'd give up a kid for an IKEA!
That's a bummer that you just missed getting the free chair though!!

flmama said...

Leslie,

That totally made me laugh out loud. It is so great having an IKEA close by. I love it!! If you ever want to make a trip up, you have a place to stay anytime!!

Tricia said...

IKEA is one of our favorite places on earth - although our house already looks a bit like an IKEA showroom - so we're trying to slow down a bit on our IKEA purchases!