CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 5, 2008

Extreme Home Makeover


Not on our house, unfortunately, that is an EXTREMELY slow makeover. :) We did get to go see the house they did for a family here on the north side of Cincy. They have 2 daughters with a genetic condition (I can't remember the name of it right now), but they are both in wheelchairs. The fathr and son also both have Krohn's disease. The house looked really nice. We went the day before the family came home so it was nice and quiet, but not a lot of the stars around. The boys were a little bummed that they didn't get to see Ty, but it was still fun. We did see Paul finishing things up in the back and they were doing a lot of the interior shots for the show. It was interesting to learn some of the extra behind the scenes stuff they do. They replace the grass in both neighbors yards as well as the homes across the street where people have been walking through and watching all week. There was an information both for the condition the girls' have. A little girl with the same disability was there. I think it was a good experience for the boys to really understand why they were helping this family. The episode is supposed to air sometime in September.




One of the show's producers came out and talked to people for a minute.




This was the first time Tate stood by himself.



You could not drive into the neighborhood where they were doing the house. We had to park about a mile away and they were shuttling people on school buses. They were handing out bottled waters because of the heat, which I think was the most exciting thing for Kol. We went at a good time, we got right onto the bus. Someone else that went said she went the day before and had to wait 2 hours!


4 comments:

Allie Girl said...

Too Cool! We love that show. I'll be excited to see this episode. I was privileged to see Ty once....to say I was star-struck is an understatement. We were changing flights in Atlanta and he was on the escalator going down as we were going up. I was speechless and so my family remains mad at me that I didn't point him out until his back was to us. Duh! Of course I'd rather have them irritated with me than embarrassed of me. Plan B was to shout "Ty, I love you!" at the top of my lungs. So really they lucked out that I was speechless! LOL!
love, allie

Wilde Lady said...

I can't believe Tate is standing now. Time is going by way too fast. I also like Marty's full beard. Kol is getting too big. I still expect to see Ry at the age of 5 and Kol at the age of 3 every time I see them. We sure miss you guys and hopefully one day we'll get up there to see you!

flmama said...

Allie - That is way too funny. I saw Courtney Cox going down an escalator in the Atlanta airport while I was going up. That must be a celebrity viewing hot spot, the escalators at the Atlanta airport!

Niki - Yes, my kids are getting way too grown up. Tate is really close to walking and I think Ry thinks he is a teenager and Kol is in school! I can't figure out where the time goes!

Alissa said...

That was neat! Kelly I don't think I have ever seen your hair that long, it looks really good! Richard grew a beard when we were in Ohio, i didn't like it!